DREAMS

"Dream the impossible because dreams do come true.
Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the chldren of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements"

Why He Disappeared ?

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Robin Gibb of Bee Gees Demise


Passing of my favorite  – Robin Gibb of the Legendary Bee Gees

Today,  the world over  is mourning the loss of yet another legendary singer who brought us so many sweet music and songs of the yesteryear.   Robin passed away at the age of 62 losing a battle with the cancer of colon and liver.  Bee Gee’s songs are favorites to many, and one of my favorite “Don’t forget to remember” probably rings familiar to many who were teenagers of the 70s,  the favorite pop group that fills the dance floor and disco tech  with the forever sounds of the Bee Gees disco beat.  The Trio had turned disco into a worldwide phenomenon with their disco beat and music, especially disco soundtrack Saturday Night Fever in 1977.

Fans flooded  the Twitter over passing of disco music legend headlines a local tabloid.  It is a sad year for musical legends,  with the recent passing of disco legend Donna Summer’s passing just last week.  The Bee Gees had  their 1st hit in 1963 with The Battle of the Blue and Grey.
Some years back,  Robin’s  brother  Maurice had died of similar illness in 2003 and Andy in 1988.  Reading in the news about what Robin said to the Tabloid,  I can imagine what goes on in Robin’s  mind,  as it brought back some memories to myself about some frustrations that probably lingers on his mind during his later days.  

He said “I sometimes wonder if all the tragedies my families has suffered – like Andy and Maurice dying so young  and everything that’s happened to me  recently – is a kind of karmic price we are paying for all the fame and fortune we’ve had.”     Such are the frustration that people harbor when in sufferings,  in hardship or in sickness.   I am sure the feelings of why , why me , why does this has to happen to me, keep flashing across his mind.

Some years back,  I was in similar situation where  within my family under one roof,  my family and I had to endure this pain and suffering,   of seeing and attending to 2 cases of chronic illness till the end.  My youngest daughter was born  with a extreme case of spinal bifida, resulting in my daughter bed-ridden, unable to live a normal life.  Several  years of in and out of hospital is like a chore.  As the doctor puts it plainly, it will be  like providing and caring for her with all the love we best can and waiting just for the final day to come. Along with this suddenly, my mother was diagnosed with stomach cancer.  A year of treatment and operations,  these 2 added tremendous strains to the family.
When the world collapse in front of you, how would you face it?  In the same manner,  my mind is full of frustration, starting to blame everything around.    Until when I came across a inspirations  on strengthening our faith in life that there were so many others in more worst off situation, yet can overcome to emerge victorious in life.
Only in faith that my wife and I find the solace and strength to thread/shoulder  on, to give the children and family what is best.   Probably like Robin’s mind,  it took some time and some soul searching before I accepted that reality and facts,  that It is indeed the karmic seeds that I  must have sowed in my previous life.   It took a long long time to get past the denial stage, to finally accept the reality.  Only when I accepted the reality, life takes on a new and different meaning. That everything we hold on to are only transient in nature,   and that during our lifetime,  we must do all the best that we can to improve the lot of ourselves as well as those others around us.  Only through good deeds and actions, we can sow the seeds for our future.   And hopefully bring this with us to the next lifetime with positive karmic manifestation. 

So in life,  I have to take life as it comes,  suffer what is there to suffer and enjoy what is there to enjoy.   Life is like the 4 seasons,  when it comes to extreme cold in the winter,  we must be well prepared and persevere and in no time,  Spring time will come without fail.  So,  no matter how bad the situation is,  always know  better things will follow. 

And in life, it is not about the  fateful event  that happened to you that matters. More importantly, it is how you get on and out of it that matters most.   That is standing up again after you have fallen.  Let’s embrace life with this philosophy.
Dedicated to the legendary Robin Hugh Gibb – Rest in Peace.

Bee Gees,  Robin Gibb,  Bee Gees songs,  Robin death,  Bee Gees Group



No comments: